Mr. Tan is licensed to practice law in all courts in the State of California. For over 20 years now, Mr. Tan has helped thousands of people in various legal matters. Mr. Tan entered private practice since 1997 and has built a reputable name in the community in providing excellent professional legal services.
Mr. Tan has a well-rounded background. At California State University Fullerton, Mr. Tan served as the student body president in school year 1991-1992 and obtained his bachelor degree in Business Management. Prior to law school, Mr. Tan also worked as an insurance adjuster for a major insurance company. While in law school at UC Hastings, Mr. Tan worked as a judicial extern for the Immigration Court (EOIR) in San Francisco.
As a Cambodian-American lawyer, Mr. Tan also speaks fluent Cambodian or Khmer language.
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, J.D., 1997
- Award: Am Jur in Trial Advocacy
- California State University at Fullerton, B.A., 1992
- President of Associated Student, Inc., 1991-1992
- State Bar of California (since 1997)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court for Central and Eatern District of California
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
|Solida T. Ly, Esq.
Ms. Ly is a lawyer in private practice in Long Beach, California, where she counsels and represents clients in various legal matters. Her work includes complex immigration issues. Ms. Ly joined our firm as an associate attorney in 2012. Ms. Ly offers experience honed by work with diverse clients and complicated legal matters. She often provides pro bono legal services to local communities or organizations such as Public Law Counsel that provides direct legal services to indigent clients. Ms. Ly also remains involved with her college alma mater by regularly volunteering to read and evaluate scholarship applications for California Alumni Association (CAA) at University of California at Berkeley.
Ms. Ly obtained her Juris Doctor degree from University of California, Hastings College of the Law. While at Hastings, she received various awards/scholarships, including Joe Morozumi Scholarship from Asian American Bar Association for exceptional legal advocacy and Justice Allen Broussard Scholarship for outstanding minority students pursuing higher education. She obtained her bachelor's degree in Economics, with a minor in Environmental Economics and Policy, from UC Berkeley, where she attended on scholarships, which included The Achievement Award Program (TAAP) from CAA.
Ms. Ly has a well-rounded background. For three consecutive summers prior to law school, she worked as a legal assistant at our firm. During her first year in law school, Ms. Ly volunteered as a law student counselor at the Asian Law Caucus--Immigration Clinic--that helped indigent clients with various immigration issues. During summer of her 1L year, Ms. Ly externed for The Honorable Maureen A. Tighe at the United States Bankruptcy Court, Central District of California. As a 2L at Hastings, she worked as a summer associate at our firm. During her 3L year, Ms. Ly was a certified law student advocate at the Civil Justice Clinic, where she co-represented individual clients in unemployment insurance and wage-and-hour cases.
Ms. Ly is also fluent in Cambodian or Khmer language.
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, J.D., 2012
- LexisNexis Professional Research Certified, 2012
- Judicial Internship Opportunity Program, ABA Section of Litigation, 2010
- Joe Morozumi Scholarship, Asian American Bar Association, 2010
- Justice Allen Broussard Scholarship, 2009
- University of California at Berkeley, B.A.(graduated with honors), 2008
- The Achievement Award Program of CAA, 2007 & 2008
- Margaret E. Oser Scholarship for Women, 2007 & 2008
- Kiwanis Club of Santa Ana Scholarship, 2007 & 2008
- State Bar of California (since 2012)
- United States District Court for Central, Eastern, & Northern District of California
- Los Angeles County Bar Association (LACBA)
- The California Young Lawyers Association (CYLA)
- American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division